By the year 2025, Latino children will make up 25 percent of the school-age population. In the nation’s largest states – California, Texas, Florida, and New York – Latinos already have reached that level. Addressing the needs of the fastest growing community in the United States – the Latino community – is vital to our national interest.
Currently, over 45 percent of public school students in Arizona are Hispanic and at the same time less than 15 percent of administrators are Hispanic. AZALAS works to create and provide professional development and support programs for Hispanic educational leaders. AZALAS is committed to recruiting, preparing and promoting Hispanic School Leaders. AZALAS’s focus is on meeting the needs of Hispanic superintendents, school administrators, and aspiring school leaders. We are committed to providing you with pertinent professional development, quality communications, and unlimited opportunities for peer support and networking.
To promote effective leadership that produces the best outcomes for Latino Students.
- We believe in improving the quality of education
- We believe in actively promoting unity and collaboration among all school educators and administrators throughout Arizona
- We believe in promoting and retaining professionals who serve Latino students in leadership roles
- We believe in ensuring all students, parents and personnel have equitable access to all educational resources
- We believe in addressing equity challenges within the educational system
- To stay informed and educated on state policy and legislation that affect equity challenges of all students
- To develop and implement a plan to increase professional events for all AZALAS members
- To develop and implement a marketing plan for sponsorship and recognition of AZALAS members
- To provide a professional development program for aspiring administrators
- To develop a list of administrator mentors
- To identify promising practices that impact student achievement
- To increase annual scholarships for students and administrators
- To increase membership by 30%
The opportunity to become a member of AZALAS offers many benefits. Listed below are a few of those benefits available to you when you join the association.
- Professional development opportunities
- Networking with colleagues throughout AZ
- Job assistance
- Updated legislative news
- Mentoring opportunities
- Access to research
- Degree advancement information