The below is provided by Arizona School Administrators (ASA)
Executive Order 2021-04 – Open For In-Person Learning
Creates four categories of transmission based on newly released (February 12, 2021) CDC guidelines. Those categories are:
- Low transmission
- Moderate transmission
- Substantial transmission
- High transmission
- Mandates all district and charter schools return to in-person, teacher-led instruction no later than the Monday following a scheduled spring break, or March 15 if there is not scheduled spring break as follows:
Counties with Low Transmission and Moderate Transmission:
- All schools shall be open with in-person instruction and virtual instruction Physical distancing should be maximized to the greatest extent.
Substantial transmission counties:
- All schools must be open with in-person instruction and virtual instruction Physical distancing should be maximized to the greatest extent.
- Middle and high schools may reduce attendance to reduce transmission and increase physical
High transmission counties:
- Elementary schools must be open with in-person instruction and virtual instruction options. Physical distancing should be maximized to the greatest extent possible for in-person
- Middle and high schools that are already open for in-person instruction shall remain open and strictly implement mitigation strategies. If a school hasn’t resumed in-person instruction, the school may operate virtually. A school may open during this phase if they implement strict mitigation
- Requires schools notify parents within a reasonable time-period that in-person learning will resume and will continue to offer virtual instruction for students upon request from a parent
- An individual district or charter school may only close if the local health department advises closing an entire charter or district school due to a significant outbreak and if approved for closure by the AZ Department of Health Services. Schools must continue to offer onsite support services for students for the duration of the approved closure.
- Requires districts and charters to notify ADE no later than March 15, 2021 that they are in compliance with this
Current Transmission Level-Low Transmission-No Counties; Moderate Transmission-Graham, Santa Cruz, Yuma; Substantial-Apache, Cochise, Gila, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Mohave, Pima; High-Coconino, Navajo, Pinal
FOR THE ARIZONA SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS
You can read the press release here: https://azgovernor.gov/governor/news/2021/03/governor-ducey-issues-executive-order-requiring-schools-offer-person-learning